About Our School
Comely Park Primary School is a non-denominational primary school situated in the heart of Falkirk.
Comely Park Primary School first opened its doors on Monday 7 March 1879 as the successor to a local Charity School. The new building consisted of three classrooms with a roll of 305 pupils. Since then the school has been extended on three occasions, the last being in 1907 when the infant building was opened. This had eight classrooms opening on to a central hall which doubled as the school gym. In August 1996 the new building was completed and opened to pupils at the beginning of term.
Built round a courtyard it consists of four "pods" - a pod having four classrooms and a shared area for TV, painting, library, etc. At the western end there is the Assembly Hall/Gym, Dining Room and Kitchen while upstairs there is a Library and ICT Suite. The Offices and Visitors' Entrance are at the other end of the building below the clock with pedestrian access from Cow Wynd. Also at this end of the school is a spacious Nursery classroom with kitchen, toilet and waiting areas. The children have access to part of the courtyard as a playground.
Boys' and girls' football matches take place. Classes make regular educational visits and field studies.
The Parent Council and P.T.A. are extremely supportive. The P.T.A. raises considerable additional funding for the school, adding to the quality and variety of resources and experiences which we can offer to the children. This is often achieved in partnership with Falkirk Council and the children themselves.